89th Chartering Anniversary of 1930
40th Re-chartering Anniversary of 1978
Re-chartering Celebration of 2019
April 12 – April 14, 2019
For the past three and one-half years, the Alpha Rho Alumni Chapter (APAC) has worked diligently to restore our Student Chapter at West Virginia University. This has been a lengthy and fruitful labor of love supported by the tireless effort and dedication of our APAC Brothers, as well as friends of our Fraternity.
The APAC Board of Directors is pleased to announce we will celebrate reaching our goal beginning Friday, 12 APR 2019 and concluding Sunday, 14 APR 2019. During the weekend, we will also recognize the steadfast and resolute sacrifices made by the men who Rechartered Alpha Rho in 1978. The significance of these men adding to the chapter foundation laid by our Brothers in 1930 established decades of success and allowed hundreds of men to enjoy a lifetime of Brotherhood in Pi Kappa Phi.
Registration for the celebratory weekend is now open. Due to a busy Morgantown schedule and scarce event space, we are limited to a maximum of 225 total guests for the dinner on Saturday, 13 APR 2019. Once this number is reached, we will close registration. It is therefore important for you to register early to ensure your spot.
Included is all the information about the weekend you need to know. We fervently hope you will join us as we honor our Brothers in history, celebrate our new Student Chapter and plan a very bright future for us all.
PROUD TO BE A PI KAPP !
ALPHA RHO ALUMNI CHAPTER BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Event Calendar 11 APR 2019 through 14 APR 2019
|Thursday, 11 APR||7:00 p.m.||TBD||Associate Member Examination study hall|
|Evening||Hotel||Alumni ROI Team arrives|
|Friday, 12 APR||9:00 a.m.||Hotel Ballroom||Alumni ROI Team Rehearsal|
|12:00 p.m.||Campus – TBD||Associate Member Written and Oral Exams|
|2:00 p.m.||3 ROI Locations||ROI – all initiated PKP members invited (1)|
|10:00 p.m.||Wings Evansdale||Brothers’ Ritual Reception (2)|
|Saturday, 13 APR||10:00 a.m.||Hotel Ballroom||Initiated Members Only – ROI Debriefing (3)|
|11:00 a.m.||Hotel Ballroom||Initiated Members Only – Annual BOD Meeting (4)|
|5:00 p.m.||President’s Suite||1978 Re-Chartering and Black Diamond Reception (5)|
|6:00 p.m.||Ballroom Hallway||Pre-Banquet General Reception (Brothers and guests)|
|7:00 p.m.||Banquet||Chapter Gala for Brothers and guests new and old|
(1) After being challenged, all Pi Kappa Phi initiated members will have the opportunity to reconnect with the Fraternity by observing our newest members being initiated into Alpha Rho Chapter. Initiated members may come and go as needed throughout the afternoon and evening. Each time an initiate leaves the ROI, he must be challenged to re-gain entrance.
(2) The chapter tradition of gathering after the ROI at Wings Ole on the Evansdale Campus will continue! Join us and meet the newest Brothers, recollect stories of the Chapter and raise your voices in song while enjoying the best wings this side of Buffalo! This is an opportunity for the Alumni to “educate” the newest Brothers on Chapter traditions!
(3) The ROI is discussed in full for members new and old to learn the meaning of our ROI. This fascinating discussion guarantees a learning experience for all, regardless of Chapter Number! This event is not to be missed.
(4) The Alpha Rho Alumni Chapter (APAC) Constitution requires a meeting at least annually to discuss plans for the upcoming year. With the Board of Directors in attendance, this meeting will include the release of the next Five-Year Strategic Plan for Alpha Rho. Student members are highly encouraged to attend.
(5) APAC President and CEO Tom Begley, AP284, will host a reception to honor the 1978 Re-Chartering Brothers (and guests) who revived the Chapter after a 40-year absence at WVU. He will also welcome the Black Diamond Members (and guests) who have so generously given of themselves to the Chapter.
Undergraduate Members $ 80
Undergraduate Guests $ 80
Undergraduate Parents $ 100
Alumni $ 150
Alumni Guests $ 100
How to Register
Hotel accommodations are available with an event rate at the Holiday Inn Morgantown, University Area. This link will take you to our special on-line registration portal. Once you enter the date, the system will show you what is available at our reduced rate. This rate includes a hot breakfast for four (4) each night you stay.
Alpha Rho Alumni Chapter (Link will only work from a computer)
Please call 304 241-6649 to register by phone.
Due to the limited number of spaces for the event, and our contracts with the hotel and other vendors, we must institute a Cancellation Policy to ensure we meet our financial obligations.
- If you register for the Event between now and January 1, 2019 and need to cancel during that same timeframe, you will be afforded a full refund (less PayPal fees) for Event registration. Please remember you must cancel your hotel reservations separately from the Event cancellation.
- If you cancel between January 1, 2019 and February 1, 2019, you will be afforded a 50% refund for Event registration.
- After February 1, 2019, no refunds will be afforded.